Page name: I Believe in Harvey Dent! [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 4
[idunnosomething]'s Application for Elfpack Crew
Why would I be interested in doing work without any sort of monetary profit?
Well, because Elfpack is like a second home to me. I'm going to be on here anyway, so why not spend my time helping? And frankly, I think don't think you can really have too many workers. Especially if they're all working for free.
What have I done for Elfpack so far?
Sadly, not much at all. I've reported a few people and entered a few contests, but that's about it. I've mainly bestowed upon Elfpack the gloriousness that is my presence. That should be enough, shouldn't it? Hopefully, I can use this application and maybe crew position to give back to Elfpack. So far, I've pretty much been only been a parasite. A sexy parasite, but a parasite nonetheless.
What are my qualifications?
Well, I've been an Elfpacker since early 2005. Not as long as some people, I know, but hopefully the short time I've been here is ample enough. I mean, it's only been about seven years, but whatever. I know all the rules and the ways around them. I'm capable of using and explaining all of Elfpack's html and technical features. I've had a lot of personal experience with the rules and other crew members in the past, which I believe has given me a lot of experience here. If nothing else, I've at least learned the consequences of rule breaking. With that knowledge, I believe I am capable of instructing some of Elfpack's more deviant members.
I'm also an experienced wiki crafter. I have made an innumerable amount of wikis. Some are useful, but the majority of them are pointless. The point is, I know what to do in wiki-related situations.
My knowledge of Elfpack is great and quite vast. As far as I know, there's not much left for me to learn. I've even learned about most of the things I wasn't supposed to learn.
Also, I like to think I have a pretty solid grip on the English language. That's definitely a plus, right (only if you ignore the sketchy grammar in this and all other paragraphs)? I can also understand members who don't have quite such an excellent understanding as I.
Why should anybody trust me?
Because I haven't yet given them a reason not to trust me? Go ahead and try to name something I've done wrong here. You can't. YOU CAN'T, [Stephen]. STOP TRYING.
What kind of job am I seeking here?
Any kind, really. I mean, of course I wouldn't turn down a nice guard or council member position, but that's not likely to happen. I'm sure if those are ever to become attainable, I'm going to have to spend a long time proving myself first. Hopefully, I can be given a small job at least. Then I might could work my way up from there to something with a little more responsibility.
In case there are still things left unanswered in the above section, I will now respond directly to the listed requirements:
1) You need a good general knowledge of Elfpack. If you can't handle everything about forums, polls, wiki-pages and know the Elfpack rules, then it's no use applying yet.
I do have a good knowledge. This point has previously been addressed.
2) You need to be able to read and write English well.
wot u say?
3) Your goals with Elfpack should agree with Elfpack's. If you want to go berserk on everyone who looks ugly, then don't apply!
My intent is to help better Elfpack. My goal is to see Elfpack prosper.
4) You should have proven yourself. As written above, you don't need any permission to do most stuff here on Elfpack. Even if you only have created the Best Fake Cybering Competition, are running the forum "Lesbian hairdressers" that no one uses and have written a pretty bad report, it's better than someone who just says they can do all this, but never has.
I may not have made such exquisite wikis as [Orestez]'s Elfpack Complaint Department, but that doesn't mean I haven't tried.
5) You should explain what you will do as a member of the crew and for how long. Note: We don't want newbies that get all excited by Elfpack for a month and then will get tired of it. Therefore, people who have been for a long time are generally better.
I will do what is asked of me, even if it's trivial grunt work. I will work for as long as I'm still alive or at least until Elfpack crashes.
6) You should be able to get along with the crazy people in the crew, and have a great patience with people.
You kiddin' me? I love those old jerks! Except you, [Stephen]. I hate you.
7) You should think this is fun!
OMIGAH! THIS FUN!! *flails arms wildly*
8) If you can come up with an eighth point, it shows that you have ideas. We have ideas and a lot of them, the problem is finding hard-working people who will take an idea and make it fun for Elfpack members.
Uh... *drools slightly*
Back to Apply to the Crew
If you would, please inform me of any mistakes I may have made. If you have any suggestions to better this pitiful application, feel free to share them with me. I want to make this thing as decent as possible so that I may be seriously considered.
|Show these comments on your site|