so true, yet, no-one is going to read it!
The Nice Guy Curse
read, think, pass on! :D
This is a tribute to the nice guys. The nice guys that finish last,
that never become more than friends, that endure hours of whining and
bitching about what assholes guys are, while disproving the very point. This is
dedicated to those guys who always provide a shoulder to lean on but
restrain themselves to tentative hugs, those guys who hold open doors
and give reassuring pats on the back and sit patiently outside the changing
room at department stores. This is in honor of the guys that obligingly
reiterate how cute/beautiful/smart/funny/sexy their female friends are at the
appropriate moment, because they know most girls need that litany of
support. This is in honor of the guys with open minds, with laid-back
attitudes, with honest concern. This is in honor of the guys who respect a
girl’s every facet, from her privacy to her theology to her clothing style.
This is for the guys who escort their drunk, bewildered female friends
back from parties and never take advantage once they’re at her door, for the
guys who accompany girls to bars as buffers against the rest of the creepy
male population, for the guys who know a girl is fishing for compliments but
give them out anyway, for the guys who always play by the rules in a game
where the rules favor cheaters, for the guys who are accredited as boyfriend
material but somehow don’t end up being boyfriends, for all the nice
guys who are overlooked, underestimated, and unappreciated, for all the nice
guys who are manipulated, misled, and unjustly abandoned, this is for you.
This is for that time she left 40 urgent messages on your cell phone,
and when you called her back, she spent three hours painstakingly
dissecting two sentences her boyfriend said to her over dinner. And even though you
thought her boyfriend was a chump and a jerk, you assured her that it was all
ok and she shouldn’t worry about it. This is for that time she interrupted the
best killing spree you’d ever orchestrated in Halo2 to rant about a rumor
that romantically linked her and the guy she thinks is the most repulsive
person in the world. And even though you thought it was immature and you had
nothing against the guy, you paused the game for two hours and helped
her concoct a counter-rumor to spread around the floor. This is also for
that time she didn’t have a date, so after numerous vows that there was
nothing “serious” between the two of you, she dragged you to a party where you
knew nobody, the beer was awful, and she flirted shamelessly with you,
justifying each fit of reckless teasing by announcing to everyone: “oh, but we’re
just friends!” And even though you were invited purely as a symbolic warm
body for her ego, you went anyways. Because you’re nice like that.
The nice guys don’t often get credit where credit is due. And perhaps
more disturbing, the nice guys don’t seem to get laid as often as they
should. And I wish I could logically explain this trend, but I can’t. From what
I have observed on campus and what I have learned from talking to friends
at other schools and in the workplace, the only conclusion I can form is
that many girls are just illogical, manipulative bitches. Many of them claim
they just want to date a nice guy, but when presented with such a specimen,
they say irrational, confusing things such as “oh, he’s too nice to date” or
“he would be a good boyfriend but he’s not for me” or “he already puts up
with so much from me, I couldn’t possibly ask him out!” or the most
frustrating of all: “no, it would ruin our friendship.” Yet, they continue to
lament the lack of datable men in the world, and they expect their
too-nice-to-date male friends to sympathize and apologize for the men that are jerks.
Sorry, guys, girls like that are beyond my ability to fathom. I can’t figure
out why the connection breaks down between what they say (I want a nice
guy!) and what they do (I’m going to sleep with this complete ass now!). But
one thing I can do, is say that the nice-guy-finishes-last phenomenon
doesn’t last forever. There are definitely many girls who grow out of that
train of thought and realize they should be dating the nice guys, not taking
them for granted. The tricky part is finding those girls, and even trickier,
finding the ones that are single.
So, until those girls are found, I propose a toast to all the nice
guys. You know who you are, and I know you’re sick of hearing yourself described
as ubiquitously nice. But the truth of the matter is, the world needs your
patience in the department store, your holding open of doors, your
party escorting services, your propensity to be a sucker for a pretty smile.
For all the crazy, inane, absurd things you tolerate, for all the
situations where you are the faceless, nameless hero, my accolades, my
acknowledgement, and my gratitude go out to you. You do have credibility in this
society, and your well deserved vindication is coming.
Repost if you're a nice guy or...
a female that does appreciate the nice guys.
THINGS GUYS WANT GIRLS TO KNOW
1. We're not as perverted as you think we all are.
2. No matter what YOU say, your ex-boyfriend IS a LOSER.
3. We like you to give us hugs and kisses sometimes too.
4. Don't argue with us when we call you beautiful.
5. Don't treat us like crap, what goes around comes around.
6. We know you're pretty, that's one of the reason's we're going out with you.
7. Don't go into detail about your period. It scares us.
8. If you have cramps and we ask you what's wrong, just tell us it's that time of the month and nothing more.
9. If you really liked us for us, you would let us think that our mustache, beard, or sideburns looked cool.
10. We never shave our legs. So get over it.
11. NEVER ask us if you can put makeup on us. It's just wrong............
12. Don't make bets about us, because one of your friends will tell us, if you don't.
13. When we tell you that you're not fat, believe us.
14. We absolutely do not care about the Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, 98 Degrees, or what any other guy looks like for that matter.
15. We may not be able to pee accurately all of the time, but at least we can stand up and go pee.
16. Just cause you think you're always right, doesn't mean that you don't have to apologize when you do something "wrong."
17. You expect us to say and do sweet things for you, but it would be nice if you did the same every once in a while. We like to know that you love us.
18. We can't always be spontaneous, so try to help us make the plans sometimes.
19. Don't ask us to beat up another guy for you, cause you might get what you wish for.
20. Never kick us in the nuts "just to see what we would say". That's just mean.
21. Never pretend like you are going to break up with us and laugh when we believe you.
22. Pamela Anderson's boobs aren't fake anymore, but we like yours better anyway.
23. Size doesn't matter, except to idiots who don't want a relationship
24. PMS is not an excuse.
25. If you want us to put the seat down when we're done, you should put it up when you're done.
26. Don't tell us how cute your ex-boyfriend was. That doesn't turn us on.
27. And always remember: The way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach..... And maybe.... oh never mind.
28. NEVER ask us to kiss other guys. You might be that comfy with your friends, but to us it's just wrong.
29. We always notice how funny it is after you rip out our heart, stick it down our throat and still want to be friends.
30. We know you're not always right, but we'll pretend like you are anyway
31. And last but not least: If your fighting a guy and your winning no matter how much you say it HE is still letting you win!
back to the devil's lair? this way --> [DeeJay™]
||Show these comments on your site|